Physics is often best experienced with authentic situations. For example, consider this demonstration of classical mechanics:
Here we can see, for example, Newton's first law: an object in motion tends to stay in motion (the truck), and an object at rest tends to stay at rest (the car), unless acted upon by external forces (each other).
Can you describe how to apply:
- Friction (before, during, and after the collision)
- Newton's second law (acceleration is proportional to force)
- Newton's third law (for every force, there is an equal and opposite force). What are the forces?
- Conservation of linear momentum. Where is the momentum after everything has "stopped?"
- Conservation of angular momentum.
- Conservation of energy. Where is the energy after everything has "stopped?"
What questions do you have?